Watercolour Workshop with Ian Hance
Starts on Tue, May 18, 2021 11:30 PM (UTC)
About This Event
Come and learn the ins and outs of watercolour painting from a master of the craft.
Ian Hance has worked in watercolour and exhibited widely since 1989. He has also given classes in community centres, art societies and university courses for more than 30 years.
In this 3 hour workshop, any and all aspects of watercolour painting from the traditional to the conceptual abstract can be taught according to the interests of the class. This could be a fun way to record your travels and the landscapes you stay in.
As there will be students at varying skill levels, the classes are designed to cater for beginners to advanced. The classes may cover the following topics depending on the experience of the class:
- Introduction: Setting up a workstation
- The Nature of Watercolour
- Comparative Brands; Colours
- Stains and Pigments
- Looking at Different Papers
- Tonal and Monochromatic Scales
- Colour Mixing
- Colour Wheel, Colour Harmonies
- Basic Washes
- Graded Washes
- Wet on Wet techniques
- Wet on Dry techniques
- Drawing in Watercolour, Chinese Brushwork
- En Plein Air Painting; Painting on Location, How to Compose a Watercolour Painting
All materials and consumables will be supplied as part of the workshop, however, attendees are free to bring their own equipment if they choose.